Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means it is time to pull out all of your favorite recipes for a delicious feast! It is also important that you know how to stay safe while cooking this holiday season! Keep these Thanksgiving safety tips in mind to ensure that everyone has an amazing holiday.
- Before starting to cook, make sure to clean your stove and oven. Built up grease can easily cause a fire to start!
- Never leave the house while you are cooking. If food is on the stove, do not leave the kitchen to ensure that no accidental fires begin.
- Create a “no kids area” in the kitchen to keep children at least three feet away from the stove and oven. Children can easily be burnt by the stove or hot food. Also, make sure to keep all pets out of the kitchen too.
- Keep all flammable objects away from the stove, including pot holders, towels, wooden utensils, bags, and food packaging.
- Have a fire extinguisher that is rated for grease fires nearby to put out any small fires. Make sure you know how to use the fire extinguisher in case the need arises.
- Check all the smoke alarms in your home to ensure that they are working properly. Replace any alarms that are outdated or are not working correctly.
- Before you go to bed, double-check all the appliances to ensure that they are turned off.
Agers Insurance Agency in Oakley, California would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!