Skip to content

Who Needs Renters Insurance?

Renting a home, whether it is an apartment or a house is a great option for both college students who are just starting out in their first home, to grandparents who are downsizing to a smaller home, and everyone in between. When renting a home, it is important to make sure that you cover your assets by investing in the right renter’s insurance policy.

Renter’s insurance will provide coverage for your assets from a number of perils, including theft, fire, vandalism, and water damage. There are four basic coverage options that are available for renter’s insurance to protect your assets in these cases, including:

  • Personal property coverage – which will provide coverage for items that you use on a regular basis, such as appliances, clothing, and furniture, as well as any specialty items that you have, such as jewelry or art. If you have specialty items that are worth a lot of money, it is important to look into getting extended coverage to cover the damage of the items.
  • Liability coverage – which will provide coverage for any instances where you are found to be legally liable for bodily injury or property damage that was the result of an accident that involved you or another member of your household.
  • Medical payments to others – which will cover the costs of any medical payments of any guest who is injured at your home, no matter if you are at fault or not.
  • Additional living expenses – which will cover the cost of everyday living expenses if damage to your home causes you to be temporarily displaced.

For all of your renter’s insurance needs, contact  Agers Insurance Services in Oakley, California. As an independent insurance company, we can provide you with the most comprehensive renter’s insurance plan to fit all of your needs throughout the Northern California area.