Dinner parties are one of the best ways to get all of your friends and family together in one place while enjoying a delicious meal. If you are looking for new recipes to try out at your next dinner party, keep these delicious shrimp recipes in mind.
Orange Chili Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 pound raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cook the shrimp in simmering, salted water until they are opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes, and let cool.
- Toss the shrimp, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, orange juice, and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with salt, and allow to marinade for 15 minutes. Serve with chips.
Hoisin Glazed Shrimp Skewers
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Heat your broiler. Combine the cucumber, scallions, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Thread each shrimp onto a 6-inch skewer, wrap the skewer ends with foil, and place on a broiler proof rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil the shrimp, basting with the hoisin sauce, until opaque throughout, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with the cucumber salad.
All of us at Agers Insurance Services in Oakley, California would like to encourage you to try these delicious recipes!