Being environmentally conscious has become everyone’s responsibility. Going green for Earth Day is the best way to do your part and protect the environment.
- Reduce your carbon footprint! Reducing greenhouse gases on the road can cut emissions by 1,600 pounds per year. Carpooling with a coworker a couple times a week can cut emissions immensely. Also, try to accumulate your errands and shopping so you can get them all done on one trip.
- Idling your automobile wastes fuel and money, so remember to turn your engine off when parked. Encourage your friends to do so as well!
- Recycle your old electronics. Take your old computer, DVD player, or old phones to an electronics recycling center. E-cycling helps reduce the amount of pollution in the land, air, and water.
- Don’t forget to conserve water, especially now that California is experiencing one of its worst droughts! Only run your dishwasher and washing machine when you have full loads. Also, new research shows that pre-rinsing your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher does not improve the cleanliness.
- Start a compost pile! Compost helps improve soil and makes it hold more water, making plants grow better as well.
- Lastly, make sure all of your appliances are running properly. Proper maintenance reduces waste. Also, look into getting more energy efficient appliances such as a water efficient shower head or dishwasher.
Agers Insurance encourages the celebration of Earth Day. Contact the specialists at Agers Insurance for all of your California insurance needs.