Your business does need general liability insurance – and for good reason!
General liability insurance protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated with medical costs and damage to property!
Here’s what this valuable coverage can provide for your business
- Bodily injury coverage: If a client falls head over heel on your premises, you may not get out of the situation with a sincere ‘sorry’. The guest can file a lawsuit, to which the coverage will cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses up to your General Liability policy’s limits.
- Property damage and data loss: You spill coffee on a client’s server causing damage, loss or data, and caffeine-scented equipment. Your insurance can cover the claim, thankfully!
- Personal injury: Imagine, one of your employees is at lunch and talks to the owner of a sandwich shop about one of your clients in a bad way. The client then learns of this discussion and sues for slander. Your business will be able to fall back on insurance to cover the claim, as well as paying for an attorney to defend you, if necessary!
As a small business owner, you may think that you’re exempt from needing this coverage. However, this coverage is valuable to big and small businesses alike – and is essential for safeguarding your company’s future.
You should consider this coverage if you or your employees:
- Interact with clients face to face
- Have access to a client’s equipment
- Represent your client’s business
- Use a third-party location for any business-related activities
- Are required to have general liability insurance before entering into a contract
Does your business have the protection for finances, business, and visitors? Contact the professionals at Agers Insurance Services to get started on your tailored coverage in Oakley and neighboring cities in Northern California!