The holidays are a time of fun and connection, but it is important that proper safety measures be taken so that no unpleasant surprises pop up. Aside from taking general safety precautions, there are a few that are specific to each holiday. Thanksgiving concerns generally involve kitchen accidents, for example.
This Thanksgiving, enjoy your holiday and ensure that everyone stay safe by following these tips:
- Keep pets and small children out of the kitchen
- Make sure that pathways and driveways are free of ice and snow
- Read all of the directions on any unfamiliar appliance or recipe
- Prevent the kitchen from getting too crowded
- Always give a verbal warning when transporting hot food or pans
- Designate at least one adult to remain sober if children are present
- Have a plan for ensuring that no one who has been drinking drives
Of course, make sure that all of these safety tips are complemented by a comprehensive homeowners’ and/or umbrella insurance policy. If you don’t have coverage already, contact Agers Insurance Services to provide a policy for California residents. Personalized service is the goal for every Agers customer, so you can be certain that you will get the best possible coverage.