Avoid this common and costly car insurance mistakes!
While many are content renewing and paying for the same old car insurance policy year after year, this, in itself, can be a costly mistake to make. By not reviewing your auto policy, you are unaware of potential discounts, savings, and coverage gaps.
So that you get the best policy for the best deal for you, avoid these car insurance mistakes that can cost!
- Choosing a deductible that is too low – If your plan has a higher deductible, your monthly premiums are typically lower. However, your out-of-pocket expenses will be higher should you get in an accident!
- Not taking advantage of discounts – Many discounts are available! These can include:
- Good Driving Record discount
- Good Student Driver discount
- Taking a defensive driving course
- Telling your insurer about your car’s safety features
- Having a low mileage per year
- Bundling car with home or renters’ insurance!
- Renewing an outdated insurance plan – Switching policies after a life event or a cleaner driving record may save you money.
- Opting for monthly payment plans – Paying your 6-month premium in full could lower your rate by 5 – 10 percent!