Owning a home comes with a lot of responsibility, including making sure that your home is well taken care of. Along with making your home look nicer, many repairs can also help to save you money. Keep these 5 simple home maintenance tasks in mind to help you save money when it comes to large home repairs and homeowners insurance claims.
- Clean vent and filters. Dirty or clogged vents can cause huge problems for your home. They can start fires or lead to an early breakdown of your appliances. Making sure to keep them clean can help to ensure that your appliances and home stay safe.
- Keep water-based appliances in check. Drain your water heater at least once a year and pump your septic tank every 3-5 years. This will help to extend the life of the appliances, as well as helping to ensure that your sewage does not back up.
- Make sure your alarms are working. Making sure that your alarms, such as your smoke alarms and security alarms are working can help you to avoid a burglary or fire claim.
- Clean your refrigerator coils. Every 3 to 6 months make sure to clean your refrigerator coils so that the generator does not have to work harder than it should.
- Clear the gutters. Clear your rain gutters every few months to ensure that the water can properly drain. If water is not able to drain away from your house, it could cause flooding, mold, or rot.
For all of your homeowners insurance needs, contact Agers Insurance Services in Oakley, California. As an independent insurance company, we can help to ensure that you have the most comprehensive homeowners policy to protect you and your home from any unfortunate situations that are caused by a lack of maintenance throughout Northern California.