Looking for a way to impress your friends this summer? Invite them over for a backyard barbecue and amaze them with your grilling skills while you make a delicious meal for them. While it is important to make sure you have the best barbecue recipe that everyone will enjoy, it is even more important to make sure everyone stays safe around the gill. Follow these barbecue safety tips to ensure you have a fun and safe summer around the grill.
- Do not wear loose clothing, such as long sleeves, while grilling.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or hose nearby to put out any accidental fires when grilling.
- Do not light a match around a propane grill, even if the valve is not open, to prevent any fires due to a gas leak.
- Only grill outdoors. Do not grill indoors, in a vehicle, or in a tent.
- Make sure your grill in placed in an open area away from any buildings, low hanging trees, or any other flammable materials.
- Do not allow small children or animals to play around a lit grill. Establish a safety zone around the grill using a chalk line or safety cones that children are not allowed to pass.
- Make sure to keep hot food hot and cold food cold at your barbecue to avoid any food borne illnesses.
- Clean any built up grease out of your grill before lighting it to prevent any flare ups.
- Make sure to use the proper grilling tools, such as long tongs, and clean them thoroughly after touching any raw meat.
- Do not grill while under the influence of alcohol since it can increase the chances of injury.
It is also important to make sure your home is protected from any disaster while grilling with the right homeowners insurance policy. Contact Agers Insurance Services in Oakley, California for all of your insurance needs in Northern California.