Although Spring usually reminds people of blossoming flowers, morning dew, and fresh air, spring also brings out pests that have begun crawling out of hibernation as the weather warms up. As you go about your spring cleaning it is important to keep a careful eye out for pest infestation. Follow these helpful tips for proactive pest management:
- Although every part of your house has the potential for a pest infestation, it is important to keep a closer eye on the kitchen, bedrooms, and storage spaces.
- Immediately throw out any gnawed food packaging. Any packaging that shows evidence of nibbling may mean you have an unwanted pest.
- Rodents, cockroaches, and other pests are skilled at hiding so their droppings may be in obvious locations but more likely they will be near cabinets and behind boxes. If you find rodent pellets or urine stains, it is important to call pest control immediately to avoid contracting any viruses.
- Evidence of nesting materials such as shredded paper or fabric may mean you have a rodent or other unwanted pest nesting in your home.
- If you see small piles of sawdust or powdery residue near the woodwork in your home call pest control immediately. Wood-destroying pests can be hard to detect but extremely damaging to your home.
Contact the experts at Agers Insurance for all of your California insurance needs.