Don’t let a burglar ruin your holiday travel plans.
If you are planning a holiday vacation, you are not alone. The holiday season is one of the busiest travel times of the year. As you pack your bags and plan your itinerary, it is important to make sure that you know how to keep your home safe while away. Keep these home security tips in mind that will help keep burglars at bay without having to spend too much money.
- If you can, load your luggage into your car while its in the garage. If that is not an option, carry your bags straight to your car. Don’t leave them on your front porch or in your driveway.
- Put all valuables in a safe place. If you don’t already have one, invest in a fireproof safe and bolt it to the ground to keep all of your valuables protected.
- Let a trusted neighbor know how long you will be on vacation. Ask them to keep an eye on your house and call the police if they see any suspicious activity.
- Install timers on a couple lights in your house to go off at different times so that your house does not stay dark. You may also want to consider putting a timer on a radio or TV so that your house does not stay silent.
- If you have a second car, leave it parked in your driveway. If you are taking your only car, ask your neighbor to use your driveway so that it looks like someone is coming and going from your house.
- Put a hold on your mail so that it does not pile up in your mailbox while you are away.
Most importantly, take a look at your home insurance policy to ensure that you have the right amount of protection. Contact Agers Insurance Services in Oakley, California for all of your homeowners insurance coverage needs.