Turn on your favorite song and enjoy reading about how music improves your health.
Music is a major part of our lives. The average person listens to it on a daily basis: from car rides home to intense workouts at the gym, or even soundtracks in films and TV programmes that we watch, music is everywhere!
Not only does music bring us a sense of enjoyment, but it can actually improve our health! Not convinced? Read on!
- Music lifts your mood – It’s no secret that music prompts numerous brain changes linked to emotions and abstract decision making. The feel-good chemical dopamine is in involved in forming the feeling of happiness and joy!
- Music enhances running performance – If you go into a gym, more of than not, people will be listening to their music. Certain types of music can motivate you to run faster or even keep going if you’re fatigued – giving you a better workout!
- Music lowers stress and improves overall health – Listening to music that you enjoy decreases levels of the stress hormone cortisol in your body, which counteracts the effects of the chronic stress. This is an important finding since stress causes 60 percent of all our illnesses and disease.
- Music helps you to sleep better – Listening to relaxing music has shown to treat insomnia.
- Music relieves anxiety better than drugs – Studies show that listening to music results in less anxiety and lower cortisol levels, more so than taking anti-anxiety drugs. Feeling stressed or nervous? Turn on your favorite tune!
- Music helps us to feel united – There’s a unifying force that comes from the music that we don’t get with other things. It’s not particularly natural to crowd ourselves with 20,000 other people, but we do it for Coldplay or Paul McCartney.
- Music helps your memory – Music enjoyment elicits dopamine release, a chemical in the brain that gives you a feeling of rush, and dopamine release has been tied to motivation, which in turn in implicated in learning and memory!
From the professionals Agers Insurance Services, we hope that you enjoy listening to your favorite playlist and reap the benefits starting today! Be sure to visit us for all of your insurance needs in Oakley, California!