We’re right in the thick of it as Christmas is almost here, and you’ve decided to give yourselves the perfect holiday gift, a new home renovation.
It’s the perfect gift because it’s not only going to give your whole family more living space, it’s also going to raise the value of your home, and that’s something that’s very hard to do considering the country’s current economic status.
Now that you’ve decided on having the renovation done, you have to know where to actually begin the renovation process.
Here are a few important steps that you’ll need to follow to get the renovation started:
- Decide what the renovation project is going to be and what you’re looking to have accomplished when the renovation is completed
- Make sure that you have financing in place before actually beginning the project
- Keep the project’s budget on track by organizing the costs of things include the cost of materials, the cost of labor and building permits
- Establish a realistic timeline that details the start date and a best estimate for the project’s completion date
- Stay in touch with your renovation contractors, and make sure to visually see the work that being done as the project progresses.
It’s also very important to contact your insurance agent and make them aware of your home renovation project, and talk with them to see that your insurance will adequately cover your home before and after the completed renovation.
Are you in the middle of your own home renovation and concerned about your present homeowners insurance policy? Why not pick up the phone and call Agers Insurance Services and get the answers you need about your homeowner’s policy today.